Saturday, July 31, 2010

This is IT!

I just put the finishing touches on my portfolio, and I wanted to make one last post before I submitted my link on BlackBoard.

This is the link to my site, just in case anyone is interested:

http://www.pitt.edu/~eal47/index.html

My externally linked CSS was working on every computer that I tried this morning. I just wanted to be sure :o) All of my links were clickable, too -- and they went to the right places! This last assignment feels like a great accomplishment! Putting everything together in one place is a great way to showcase how busy we've been this semester!

I didn't want to disobey any copyright laws or anything, so I went into PowerPoint and made that little background image and tiled it. It took a few tries to get it to work - but it was fun to experiment and see how a little change would affect the way that it looked.

I am so excited for all of the skills that I have learned in 2600, and I really hope that I have the opportunity to use them in the future. After taking this class, I decided I would like to go into the technical side of libraries. It was fascinating exploring all of the different systems available, and learning about their relevancy in libraries today. I just need to decide which classes to take next semester, and then I'll be on my way!

*****

So that means summer vacation begins NOW! (Well, after I watch my last humanities lecture, that is.) I am so excited to spend time with my husband, read books for pleasure, take naps, goof off, and not study after work each night! It's going to be a fabulous break! So here's to us!! Happy SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment