Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Omeka? Oh my!

Last night I spent hours on my Omeka assignment. I finally finished and made it to bed around 1 am. I felt like I was just making it way too difficult - but I could not figure out a faster way of adding all of the meta data in lieu of copy/paste. At least it's finished now. Tonight is dedicated to my humanities assignment. After Wednesday, I should be back on schedule - the quiz really confused my life!

This morning (at work), I attended the White Belt training for Lean Six Sigma. I had heard varying reviews of the course, but actually found it very interesting - and applicable! Continuous process improvement should be present in every work environment, and providing associates with the tools and training to better accomplish their goals is a fantastic way of encouraging pro-activity and resourcefulness. I do work in a retail corporate office, but the Lean Six Sigma process could be very beneficial to libraries. I am interested in participating in the Yellow Belt training, but am not sure if my supervisor would be willing to allow me to attend. I guess it never hurts to ask ...

No comments:

Post a Comment