Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Anticipation and Contemplation

I turned my first assignment in Sunday night. It felt good to get it off of my plate. I have seen some posts by others regarding the Zotero assignment, and plan to start that on Thursday. It doesn't sound like it is going very well for some, which makes me a bit nervous. I've never used Zotero. We'll see - hopefully it will come together well.

I subscribe to a local listserv, and one of the messages today contained a link to an article on a new method of checking out books in Manchester, England. Here is the LINK. In one sense, I think that it is great the way that Microsoft and schools are experimenting with innovative technology. Fingerprint technology is popping up everywhere. Even some of the computers where I work are equipped with fingerprint identification security. I recognize the concerns about security of personal information, but when you think about it, we really leave fingerprints everywhere. I guess that matching the identity with the fingerprint is where it becomes sketchy ... so I can see that. All things considered, if someone is uncomfortable, then they can just opt out. It is a voluntary system, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment