Friday, June 4, 2010

Lab One - CHECK!

I just finished my lab in Dabble DB. I'm happy to say that it went pretty well. I use Excel daily at work, so I was pretty familiar with all of the tasks. It was a little awkward following the instruction sheet, though. I'm used to running free - but this was good experience. I work in the Treasury department at a retail corporate office, and one thing that I do is manage the check receivables. I create numerous spreadsheets each month documenting every check that we receive (all of the basic info - payer, amount, check number, date, etc ... as well as coding for our internal accounting structure). I then load the spreadsheet into our ledger. I'm really thankful that I have the experience to work with Excel ... I only wish I was able to attend training to learn more of the functionality. It is really interesting to watch some of the expert users automate systems with Macros. It's a wonderful tool - I wish I had more experience!

I honestly forgot about the lab, so I have been working on that instead of the Zotero project. The goal is to get Zotero done tomorrow, as well as watch a lecture and the research assignment for my other course. I know it's a lot to squeeze in one day, but husband gets back from his race on Sunday afternoon, and I want to spend at least a little time with him. I also need to start getting ready for this quiz! I'm hoping that there are not too many technical questions on the hardware - that has been the most difficult part for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment